Monday, March 7, 2011

Big Changes Ahead

The physical storefront is clearly not working out.  I'm not afraid to talk about my finances; I have nothing to hide.  I lost over a thousand dollars on Adornments last year.  As it sits now, I am continuing to hemorrhage money into this company as long as I keep a physical storefront open.  Every job I've worked since I opened Adornments has promised me hours and not been able to follow through for one reason or another, and as a result, I can't pay my bills in addition to rent and other overhead costs.  It has become abundantly clear that it is not cost-effective to operate out of a location other than my home at the moment.  So I've decided that as soon as possible, I will be focusing more on the Etsy store, craft shows, and home parties.  I still have an agreement with Tanya, the owner of Simply for Giggles, to sublease my space within her store, so I may still operate there through June.  I will have to talk with her when I get the chance to see how we will proceed, as she is currently out of town.  I will be sure to keep you posted on when I will be at craft shows, and where they will be held.  You'll also have the opportunity to host home parties for the Spring '11 line and those to come in the future, and you can shop 24/7 at the Etsy store online.  This has been a difficult decision, but it needs to be done.  I literally cannot afford my own bills with the hours I've been working, let alone support a startup business.  I am considering bringing Adornments back eventually in the form of a mall kiosk, but not until I've built up a more solid fanbase and the monetary savings to do so.  Adornments is not dying; it's not going anywhere.  Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment